Seek the wisdom of the Perl Monks at www.perlmonks.org.
Short answer:  http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/-X.html
-M gives the file age.

--John

Tara taralish-at-yahoo.com |Perl 6| wrote:
I'm trying to do a Perl script (PC has Perl5 installed) in a BAT file
which will open the CMD prompt, interact with the user and copy files
from one location to other directories.  Does anyone know how to "dir"
the files in a directory into an array and sort by date and return the
ones within the past week?  So far I have this code and it returns all
the files:

   @files = `dir`;
   chomp (@files);
   print "$#files \n";
   if ( @files =~ /[Qq]/ ) {
       exit 0;
   }
   if ( @files =~ /xml$/ ) {
       print "Recently added XML files: $files \n";
       printf COPYLOG "Recently added XML files: @files \n";
       $type = "xml";
   }
   elsif ( @files =~ /tc$/ ) {
       print "You are copying an expected result file \n" ;
       printf COPYLOG "You are copying an expected result file \n" ;
       $type = "tc";
   }
   else {
       print "Invalid file type or @files doesn't exist in current