On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Will Coleda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:29 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Supporting multiple levels of infinities, transfinite numbers or even
>> Surreal Numbers should be considered in the same category of features as
>> returning multiple answers from complex trig functions.
>>
>> They're an interesting thing to discuss and experiment with but shouldn't
>> distract form getting Perl 6 out the door.  Let's just make sure we're
>> handling inf and  -inf right and leave all that other stuff until later.
>
> +1

Agreed.  Let's not fall into the trap of thinking that because a
general-purpose programming language necessarily does arithmetic, it
is also a domain-specific language for mathematics.  I agree that we
should try not to make it too hard to layer such language into Perl6,
but I see no point in bending over backwards to make it particularly
easy compared to other domain-specific languages...

--
Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>