i'd like to have an option in mod_parrot to clear all user-generated data (globals, namespaces, subs, etc.) from an interpreter, leaving any bytecode that has been loaded (e.g. compilers). the point here is to eliminate problems caused by data persistence on hosted web servers, which is one of several reasons why many hosting companies don't offer mod_perl. the persistence might even cause problems with pipp/PHP, as it's not expected for data to persist, so this is something mod_parrot needs to support.

i'm sure we'd have to provide some significant hints to whatever routine is doing the dirty work, but before i even start to look at this, is it even possible with our current architecture? can we get close?

-jeff