Andrew Whitworth wrote:
I created a new branch tonight, /branches/pdd09gc to try to continue
some of my GC work from the summer with a blank slate. I have a few
cleanup jobs I want to do first, so that it should be easier to add in
a new GC without having so many problems as I had. One thing I've
wanted to do is to separate out all the MS collector from src/gc/dod.c
and src/gc/smallobject.c into a new src/gc/gc_ms.c. I've made this
change already in my branch, and if there are no objections I would
like to merge this change over into trunk.

I think it gives us better consistency with the other GC cores we're
making (src/gc/gc_gms.c, src/gc/gc_ims.c, src/gc/gc_it.c), and keeps
GC hackers from having to jump back and forth between files to see
functions that are part of the same essential subsystem. Any
disagreements?

chromatic or I will code review it. The general principle sounds sane.

Allison
  • Moving GC MS Andrew Whitworth
    • Re: Moving GC MS Allison Randal