Klaas-Jan Stol (via RT) wrote:

Parrot has an instruction called 'set_addr', that stores the address of a
label into an integer register.
IMCC (and pdd19_pir) defines a short-cut for this op, called 'addr'.

$I0 = addr XYZ

I propose to remove this shortcut; should anybody want to use it, just use
the full opname: $I0 = set_addr XYZ (or, which may look a bit better:
set_addr $I0, XYZ)

Proposal approved. Give it one standard deprecation cycle (add it to DEPRECATED.pod now, planning removal for after 0.7.1). Go ahead and remove it from the PDD and docs/book now, then after the next release please remove it from IMCC and any code uses you can find.

Thanks,
Allison