From: "Reini Urban" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:04:44 +0200

   >> Reini Urban wrote:
   >>>
   >>> I hope you know that this #+() syntax is the only existing syntax.
   >>> It is widely used since about 20 years.
   >>> The rest is something new we came up with.

As the token Lisper on the team, I'm afraid I have to agree with
Allison:  For this project, lispy syntax is a maintenance cost, with no
upside.  (I had been trying hard to stay out of this thread.  Really I
had.  Oh, well.)

   2008/8/29 Will Coleda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

   > Progress is nice, but there is no need for us to re-invent *every*
   > wheel for this project.

   And I'm tempted to add: Actually even the 1984 version of lisps are
   still technically and syntax-wise far advanced over the perl and
   parrot state of today. I see not much of a progress . . .

You are too impatient; Parrot is not finished.  Progress is slow
precisely because Parrot is ambitious.

   Even then I could connect to my life and running lisp image, inspect
   the variables with all its state and type . . .

I hear you.  For my money, Kea Common Lisp will have "made it" when I
can use Slime [1] to develop on it.  And, with any luck, the Parrot
debugging infrastructure it uses will be easy to adapt to other
languages, at which point all the cool stuff to which Lisp developers
are accustomed will be easy to share with other languages.  And then
Parrot has a good shot at becoming known as the "cool language synergy
platform", at which point progress takes off like a rocket.  (Or so I
fervently hope.)

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/

[1] http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/