On Oct 28, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 01:50:42AM -0500, Chris Dolan wrote:

My goal is to build arbitrarily complex data structures from closures
fired in my grammar. Specifically, I'm trying to write a PDF parser -- my grammar is parsing correctly now, but I'd rather not have to write the
closures in PIR if I can help it.

Would it make sense to use action methods (the "{*}" tokens) for the
closures instead of embedding them directly into the grammar?

Pm

Certainly, yes, but my goal was to learn, not to be productive. :-) The "{*}" notation is not part of S05, so I thought I'd try to see what was possible with real Perl6 and embedded closures. I did indeed learn a lot!

But since you've said that PGE is getting an overhaul, I'll stow my patches and wait.

Chris