FYI:
Another perl5->parrot is in the works.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/
--- Begin Message ---
  Hi,
I saw your post on use.perl about B::C and B::CC.  Near the bottom
you mention:

> We might want to convert perl5 to various other formats, such as
> native code (JIT), perl6 or PIR, but maybe also to java, LISP,
> scheme, and compile this then to fast native and optimized code.

  I am currently toying with that; the result is available at

https://github.com/mbarbon/language-p/tree

At the moment there is a Perl5-on-Perl5 compiler and the beginnings
of a parrot backend, but I want to add more as time permits (Java,
.Net and LLVM are top of the list).

  It is definitely not ready for use, but I hope you can take some
ideas/code from there.  If not, sorry for the wasted time and the
unsolicited email.

Best regards,
Mattia

--- End Message ---