HaloO,

Mark J. Reed wrote:
Well, respelling it is OK, just not sure how.  Python 3 uses // for
integer division, but we don't want to open up that can of worms
again..

We still haven't used '÷' which is Latin1. But if we use that it
should be as infix:<÷>:(Int, Int --> Rat) because this doesn't
need to be accompanied with a mod. That allows div on two Ints to
return an Int which complies to the general prescription for
overloading div and mod homogenously.

Regards, TSa.
--

"The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity" -- C.A.R. Hoare
"Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- A.J. Perlis