* Mark Overmeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-12-08 21:20]:
> A pitty that we do not focus on the general concept of OS
> abstraction (knowing that some problems are only partially
> solvable (on the moment)).

Well go on. Explain how you would, f.ex., provide an abstract
API over file ownership and access permissions between Win32
and Unix? I don’t see such a thing being possible at all: there
are too many differences with pervasive consequences. The most
you can reasonably do (AFAICT) is map Win32-style owner/access
info to a Unix-style API for reading only.

Regards,