On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 06:38:18PM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 06:57:39PM -0500, Mark J. Reed wrote:
> : Ok, it works with a $^var in place of $x in the where block.    Should
> : the parameter be visible there under its declared name?  If not, then
> : this is clearly just pilot error, and never mind...
>
> It's supposed to be visible by then, so I'd say it's a buglet.

All of Rakudo's parameter passing currently has issues, especially
for things that aren't simple scalars.  We're aware of it and working
it out, but since so much other code has been layered on top of
the current code (multisubs, method definitions, multidispatch,
type checking, list assignment, etc.) it's not a trivial fix.

Pm