chromatic wrote:
On Wednesday 28 January 2009 05:43:08 jn...@jnthn.net via RT wrote:

I figured this would be easy to fix, but it's not. Basically, because
for infix:=> we could have any complex expression that generates a key
on the RHS, and Parrot does not allow us to pass named arguments where
the name is from a register rather than from a string constant. I've run
into this one before...probably last time I tried to fix this... :-|

Can you show some example PIR code that should work?

Ah, yes, sorry...

.sub 'main'
   $S0 = 'foo'
   example('foo'=>42) # works
#   example($S0=>42)   # what I want to work also
.end

.sub 'example'
   .param pmc foo :named('foo')
   say foo
.end

Uncomment the line I commented out, and IMCC gives a syntax error.

Thanks!

Jonathan