On 2009-Feb-19, at 4:39 pm, Martin Kealey wrote:
2. "Date isa Instant" works sensibly: anywhere that expects an Instant, you can give it a Date. (Assuming we all agree that dates start at midnight, but
then we *are* talking specifically Gregorian dates.)

I don't like dates just starting at midnight because I've run into too many awkward cases where $time < $date doesn't do what you mean because it assumes 0:00:00 when you meant 23:59:59. I'd rather have dates becomes time-ranges.

Or perhaps don't make them coercible and require an explicit conversion via $date.morning or $date.evening or something. (Maybe require $time ∩ $date or $time ⊂ $date?)

-David