On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
> I have a quick question here.  S16 claims to be about IPC, IO, and
> Signals.  So far, it's mostly about IO.  My question is, is it intended
> that IPC and/or signals be part of the core, or should they be converted
> to addons like Form.pm?

Conceptually I think they should all go in add-on(s), however I suspect that
when an exception is thrown inside a signal handler, cleanly unwinding the
call chain will need special support in the core.

That's not to say that methods for setting the signal handler needs to be in
the core though, just the low-level code that receives signals and arranges
not to leave a (broken) partially-formed call frame in the chain while
setting up a call frame to invoke the handler function.

-Martin