On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 14:07 -0700, fREW Schmidt wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  fREW Schmidt
>

> mmmm, perl6

I'm all in favor of converting things that are complex in PIR to things
that are simple in Perl 6 ... but why convert things that boil down to a
single instruction in PIR into complex things in Perl 6?  Especially
since the complex Perl 6 code is highly likely to run a couple orders of
magnitude slower?

Lesson from the Forth world: In cases where the semantic of a high-level
word exactly (or very closely) matches an instruction in the hardware's
ISA, it really deserves to be a primitive.

-'f