--- On Tue, 3/24/09, John Macdonald <j...@perlwolf.com> wrote:

> The graphene logo inspires me to suggest that a carbon
> ring be used as the logo for Parrot...

A carbon ring also has the advantages that it's regognizable as a very small
logo, even as just a favicon.ico, and can be reasonably if stylistically
represented in simple ASCII art. You can even put a tail off the top to look
like 6-ish, or if you have real art skills, superimpose a Pearl into the
hexagon with a little "VI" (both a Roman numeral and a vague homage to the text
editor of it's UNIX roots).

Yes, lots of inside jokes, but that's part of the community thing....

Hodges' Rule of Thumb: Never expect reasonable behavior from anything with a
thumb.