Ron Blaschke wrote:
On 06.04.2009 04:17, Bruce Gray wrote:
On Apr 5, 2009, at 6:48 PM, Lyle wrote:
--snip--
There is a problem with the Rakudo Makefile? Help would be very much
appreciated...
http://perl.bristolbath.org/blog/lyle/2009/04/first-perl-6-experiences.html

Yes, there is a problem. I have duplicated it under MinGW/Win2K, but
have not fully analyzed it yet.

Workaround:
Line 330 of the Makefile reads something like:
    CRITIC_FILES=Configure.pl t\harness build\ tools\
Change all three of line 330's backslashes to forward-slashes, and then
`mingw32-make` will work. i.e.:
    CRITIC_FILES=Configure.pl t/harness build/ tools/

A backslash followed by a line terminator tells make (including variants
like nmake) to continue reading on the next line (line-continuation).
That way, the Makefile doesn't make sense any more.

The easiest workaround to avoid the line-continuation is to add a space
at the end, i.e.

François Perrad wrote:
> Makefile is generated, so this modification will be lost.
>
> in build/Makefile.in, just insert a empty line between :
> CRITIC_FILES=Configure.pl t/harness build/ tools/
> perlcritic:

All of those solutions worked. Thank you. I'm hoping that we'll start hosting regular Perl 6 hackathons, and we may be able to help development in the future. Are their set guidelines for doing this kind of thing?

Lyle