> It looks like those comments in platform_limits.h are out-of-place.
> PARROT_INTVAL_MIN and PARROT_INTVAL_MAX are defined in
> include/parrot/config.h, although the definition may not be as flexible
> as the macros in perl.h that Nicholas mentioned.  It might be beneficial
> to incorporate them into what we're currently using, but I'm not a good
> judge of that.
> The definitions in parrot's config.h come, as one would expect, from
> config/auto/format.pm.  (TT #530 addresses this.)  It should be pretty
> simple to add the code needed to figure out which macros to use for the
> missing min/max values.

platform_limits.h is intended for platforms where there is no limits.h
and the macros must be taken from another include file, or explicitly
defined. Also, when someone wants to build with different integer
types and the detection of appropriate limit values for that types
fails.

config.h conditionally does his own definitions after including
platform_limits. If that definitions do the right thing
platform_limits does not need to do nothing. Consequently, the generic
version does nothing.

--
Salu2