Hi Chris,

In addition to Patrick's excellent reply, I'd like to mention that one way to help the project is to just write code in Perl 6. This is a good way to find bugs, including performance bugs.

One little project I'm doing is I'm porting the benchmarks from the Debian language shootout to Perl 6. I figure this is a good place to start because each benchmark is designed to test one specific aspect of the language. I've only done a couple of benchmarks. If you are interested, why don't you help me? Porting benchmarks is a good way to learn Perl 6.

Cheers,
Daniel.