On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:17:41PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud via RT wrote:
: More to the point, if you want to cycle through a range of codepoints,
: you probably want:
:
:     map { .chr }, 44032..45208;

Well, almost certainly you'd want it in hex, but yes.

: I agree that the string form of the Range should be lazy, or at least
: shouldn't result in an infinite loop.  Although I'm not exactly what
: should happen for ranges where the strings aren't iterable -- perhaps it
: should simply return failure at each step.

Or maybe just tack a 0 on the end and go from there?  Failure is
probably more friendly, especially if the error can propagate back
to compile time for literal ranges.

Larry