HaloO,

Jon Lang wrote:
I have some more thoughts on this; but I'm on a time crunch at the
moment, and would really like to get some feedback on the above before
proceeding further: have I missed anything in my reasoning?

I fully understand what you mean, I hope. But note that all instances
of the class that does the two roles do both roles. So the object at
hand can't select the dispatch target. So it has to come from the
*environment* of the call. I consider this as very problematic because
essentially you have to import that into the object so that it can be
carried for a while---this is what you call wearing a role hat. We
should keep the class dispatch as simple as possible and not mix in
the environment of the call into the meaning of an object!

Regards, TSa.
--
"The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity" -- C.A.R. Hoare
"Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- A.J. Perlis