2009/12/7 Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/6 Víctor A. Rodríguez (Bit-Man) <vic...@bit-man.com.ar>:
>> Hi perlsixers,
>>
>> we've been working a bit on Perl 6 lately [1] and some work, even the
>> basic coding, would be great if we use some IDE.
>> I'm a regular Eclipse user and EPIC seems the natural choice for me,
>> but it doesn't support Perl 6 (yet). Also tied to install Padre on top
>> of Ubuntu but just went to nowhere :-P
>
> What went wrong?
> How could I help you get you going?

Well, it seems I finally manged to build a very experimental package for Linux.
It even worked on one system I tried on which was not the one I built it on. :-)

If any of you is interested - though it does not contain the perl 6 plugin yet -
you can download the first experimental version of a Perl 5 package
containing Padre.
http://perlide.org/download/binary/perl-5.10.1-xl-0.01.tar.gz

after downloading

$ tar xzf perl-5.10.1-xl-0.01.tar.gz

and

$ ./perl-5.10.1-xl-0.01/perl/bin/padre.sh

notice one needs to run the shell file!

please check it out and let me know what distribution and what version
have you tried and
if it worked or not. Based on this, tomorrow I'll attempt to build a
version that includes the
Perl 6 plugin as well. Or go back to the drawing board to find another
way to build it.

Gabor