On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 18:58 -0500, Austin Hastings wrote:
> I know that I could 'metaprogram' this stuff by using string
> manipulation on the various method names, and then calling a
> (self-built) call_method($obj, $method_name, ...args...) function.

You don't need to write this by hand.  NQP-rx supports the method call
by name Perl 6 syntax:

    $obj."$method_name"(...args...);

which makes this kind of thing much easier.  I use it in Plumage in a
number of places.

> But I'm curious if there's some P6 feature I've forgotten about (which
> I've forgotten most of them, excepting the rev number) that would let me
> do this without having to go too far away from the metal.

The above syntax is actually pretty close to the metal because it
translates directly to standard PIR ops.

-'f