I was studying the synopsis today for how Perl 6 uses infinities, and among the 48 occurrences of "[|-|+]Inf" in the synopsis, I noticed that in some places you seemed to use "+Inf" to mean positive infinity and other places you just say "Inf".

So are there just 2 canonical infinity values, "-Inf" (negative infinity) and "+Inf" (positive infinity) or is plain "Inf" a third one? Or is "Inf" the same value as "+Inf"?

If "+Inf" and "Inf" are the same value, then I recommend just using one of those literals for all occurrences, for consistency.

I think "+Inf" looks better than "Inf" and the latter is fairly ambiguous, though I recognize that the "+" is more difficult to type, though maybe that isn't a problem if huffmanization says that one isn't actually typing "Int" in any form as much as they otherwise could be thanks to "*" (whatever).

So can I go and change all bare "Inf" to "+Inf" in the synopsis or is there a good reason to have both versions?

-- Darren Duncan