Em Dom, 2010-02-21 às 21:28 -0800, Larry Wall escreveu:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:39:20AM -0500, Mark J. Reed wrote:
> : I just want to know what Perl 6 time zero is.
> Well, there's no such thing as time 0 in Perl 6, in the sense that
> Instant is more-or-less opaque.

I'd just like to add that Instant is not "more-or-less" opaque. It is
"entirely" opaque. That basically means it probably is architecture and
implementation dependant.

The point is... asking for "the amount of seconds since 01/01/1970"
requires you to convert that date, in a particular timezone in a
particular calendar (gregorian) to an instant, then ask for the amount
of seconds elapsed from that instant to the current instant (and that
will return you a Duration object (which conceptually only know about
TAI), which in turn can be converted (provided a timezone and a
calendar) to a Gregorian::Duration.

daniel