On Mar 8, 2010, at 11:04 , Carl Mäsak wrote:
commitbot (>>>>), Brandon (>>>), Mark (>>), Carl (>):
+ has $!age is ref; # BUILD will automatically use ref binding, not copy

Perl6 isn't done until it has reinvented Algol 68?

[...]

I'm not sure what exactly the repercussions of doing attribute
initialization with 'is ref' are apart from that. Brandon, if your
oblique reference to Algol 68 meant something more than what I
uncovered above, feel free to enrich the discussion by sharing what
you know about the possible consequences of spec'ing things this way.

I imagine Brandon was more referring to pass-by-reference, which was
introduced into procedural HLLs by Algol-68.

Oh! It was that simple.

Right.  And just a joke, not a complaint about the language.

Meanwhile, the uncanny similarities between Perl 6 and Algol 68
continue to strike me:

And *that* is why I'm cracking Algol 68 jokes here.  :)

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu