Hi all,

Just for fun, I'm trying to write a Digest::MD5 module for Rakudo.
Right now I'm stuck with something like:

  sub test (Str $text) {
      Q:PIR {
          load_bytecode 'Digest/MD5.pbc'
          $P0 = find_lex '$text'
          $P1 = _md5sum($P0)
          $S0 = _md5_hex($P1)
          say $S0
      }
  }

I tried lots of variations, including get_hll_namespace,
get_hll_<i-dont-remember>, find_method, etc...

The problem seems to lie in the exported _md5* functions
that for some reason, are not seen by the Q:PIR block.

The parrot/pir tests, that use exactly the same code,
work perfectly (wtf?).

I tried with a slightly different approach, used in
November's Digest module, but even that one fails,
this time with "MD5" class not found. Even trying the very
same Digest.pm from November repository holds the same results.

This is latest rakudo, updated 5 minutes ago.

--
Cosimo