# New Ticket Created by  Timothy Totten
# Please include the string:  [perl #76376]

Find attached a patch which implements several changes to the Temporal and
Date libraries.

- Temporal and Date now use a role called DateLike which contains common
methods.
- Temporal now uses validation on specified values to ensure you can't tell
it that it's 2010-15-38 or something silly like that.
- The 'time-zone' attribute of the DateTime class has been renamed to
'timezone' to match the spec.
- The parse() method of DateTime has been renamed to new() to match the spec
(now that it works.)

And a rather significant change:

- The DateTime::strftime method has been extracted out of the Temporal.pm
and put into a loadable module.
  The module currently uses runtime role composition to work due to a bug
(already submitted) preventing it
  from augmenting the DateTime class (if that's even the approach we want to
take.)

There are updated tests for the new functionality, that I will commit to the
spec test once this patch has been applied.