Nicholas Clark wrote:
I think one weakness of Parrot is that it uses almost no Parrot-based language
in its own build system. You need to know Perl 5 or C to be useful to the
Parrot core. And if you gain your fun by working on the Parrot core, you
actually stop being a Parrot user, and hence experiencing what they
experience.

Well, one major roadmap item for Parrot 3.0 of January 2011 is to eliminate the dependency on Perl 5. And so we should have more dogfooding within 5 months. Which is good, since then Parrot/Rakudo will be more at the level of typical language implementations, not dependent on any language besides themselves and C. -- Darren Duncan