Aaron wrote:

> I dislike "reserved" in this context, but understand why the namespace has
> to be shared. For config options, I'd say anything should go, but people
> inventing their own config options should be aware that across N release
> cycles, new options may be introduced.

...which means that sensible people will avoid those namespaces anyway,
so they might as well be reserved...which then enables us to warn any
not-so-sensible people that their choice of an all-lower- or all-upper-case
option name is brittle and likely to end in tears.

BTW, I also like Darren's suggestion to restrict the reserved space for
standard typenames and option names to the ASCII range.

Dåmîäñ