在 2010-08-26 17:54:57 星期四 时,jk...@verizon.net 写到:
> Of note: (a) the perl6 executable gets built in the top-level
> directory; (b) I have a full Parrot checkout and build under
> parrot-2.7.0; (c) I have *another* perl6 executable under rakudo/ ...
> ... and (d) a lot more under install/.
>
> Do I need all this if my only wish is to *use* and *learn* Perl 6 via
> Rakudo Star -- as distinct from *hacking* on Rakudo Perl?
No, the things under install are all what you want
> And if the Rakudo team is serious about disk space issues, I think it
> would be a great idea if instructions on how to trim your disk space
> were either included in the README or in a file pointed to via the
> README.
Every software(well almost every), have a building process. And the
README file do tell you that, by default, it installs under the install
subdirectory. And it also tells you that you can install the whole thing
in a different place just provding the --prefix option. And it also
tells you that without the --gen-parrot and if you have already parrot
installed, the install process will use it. So, if you are aware of disk
space, you can first build and install parrot shiped with the star
tarball, and then, you can delete the parrot subdirectory. After all
this been done, you can go ahead and build rakudo.
B.T.W. I build rakudo star just as what I have just said. Since I'd like
to install the whole thing under /usr/local and I don't want to compile
anything with a root privilege, so I first install parrot manually, only
then, I build and install rakudo.
Hope this helps.