Okay, instead of just complaining about this, I want to do something
about it. The Rakudo packages are so fragile on Debian, that they need
special constraints to make sure the Parrot packages are held back until
the Rakudo packages are updated.

So, why is Rakudo so dependent on one specific month release of Parrot?
Parrot isn't moving so fast that the APIs are all changing every month.
Is NQP or Rakudo not respecting API boundaries? Are there some libraries
currently shipping in Parrot that should be in NQP, Rakudo, or broken
out into their own distributions instead?

Rakudo should be able to run on any Parrot release within the past year
(at least). The fact that it can't is a sign of poor software. We need
to figure out what's broken and fix it. I'm happy to help. Highly
motivated too, as it would remove a regular source of irritation.

Allison