On Thu Oct 16 00:10:27 2014, barto...@gmx.de wrote:
> Just an update: There is no longer a Null PMC access error, but Rakudo
> complains about no matching signature:
>
> $ perl6-m -e 'class A is Any { proto method new($) {*} }; A.new(now)'
> Cannot call 'new'; none of these signatures match:
>   in block <unit> at -e:1
>
> $ perl6-p -e 'class A is Any { proto method new($) {*} }; A.new(now)'
> Cannot call 'new'; none of these signatures match:
>   in any  at gen/parrot/BOOTSTRAP.nqp:1223
>   in method new at -e:1
>   in block <unit> at -e:1
>
> $ perl6-j -e 'class A is Any { proto method new($) {*} }; A.new(now)'
> Cannot call 'new'; none of these signatures match:
>   in any  at gen/jvm/BOOTSTRAP.nqp:1216
>   in block <unit> at -e:1

First off, resolving ticket because the Null PMC access is gone, and that's
what was reported.

Secondly, I think the above behavior is right. The error message comes from
correctly finding and dispatching on the declared proto, and then correctly
complaining that no declared multi (of which, as it happens, there are none)
matches.