Hi,

On 05/12/2015 09:40 PM, R. Ransbottom wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 03:22:46PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
>
>> you can use "trusts".  Also having to do this may indicate bad code
>> design. -- Darren Duncan
>
> I saw Moritz' and Carl's responses and I agree with the smell
> issue.
>
> Given that the code exists and needs testing,

I'm curious, what's a case where private state of a class needs to be
tested, and tests agains the public interface are not enough?

In my experience, testing against private parts only makes the tests
more brittle (that is, every implementation change causes test failures,
even if the public interface is unchanged).

Also, are you talking about an actual Perl 6 code base that needs
testing, but that is too large for a refactoring? If yes, I'd be curious
where such a beast exists.

> Is class finalization implemented?

I don't think so.

Cheers,