On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 07:12:00AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> I have seen several lists of new Perl 6 features (versus Perl 5) but they
> all seem to be lists that intermix features with varying degrees of value
> to "ordinary" Perl 5 users.  If one wants to sell long-time Perl 5 users
> (already using the latest Perl 5, Moose, etc.) on the value of Perl 6, what
> should be on the important feature list?
>
> For me, stronger typing, named subroutine arguments, better classes and
> namespaces, object methods, and eventually better concurrency and compiled
> program persistence are among goodies long awaited.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Tom
>
> The reason for my request is to help with a better introduction in my
> modest draft tutorial on converting Perl 5 to Perl 6 code at the Perl
> Monastery.  I am comfortable with the example code I use there (which is
> not currently intended to showcase new features), but I am getting several
> comments on why one should even bother with Perl 6?

In talking to Perl 5 people about my Perl 5 to Perl 6 docuentation,
trying to get some feedback on it from people who aren't already doing
Perl 6, I get this question a lot. So, yes, some kind of document saying
"these are reasons Perl 6 is actually useful" would be very helpful.

dha

--
David H. Adler - <d...@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
When I went to open my suitcase I found a lock on it, which I never