# New Ticket Created by  Lloyd Fournier
# Please include the string:  [perl #127681]

Recently I've had sporadic hangs during the precompilation phase of one of
my projects. I've managed to golf it to a very obscure set of conditions
involving 6 (!) modules and three libs.

1. tar xvf RMD_bug.tgz
2. cd RMD
3. RAKUDO_MODULE_DEBUG=1 perl6 -Ilib1 -Ilib2 -Ilib3 -e 'need Lib1'
# hangs forever

 It hangs at:
https://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/blob/4a0ba7400be5af3dfdd88ad2114e13498645ba39/src/core/Process.pm#L7

I tried to see what causes it to hang at the line. I found that if I
replace that note with

$*ERR.print("a" x 162) # doesn't hang
but if I do:
$*ERR.print("a" x 163) # Hangs forever

*It doesn't happen on debian*
*Make sure to rm -rf lib1/.precomp each time you try*

This is Rakudo version 2016.02-100-g4a0ba74 built on MoarVM version
2016.02-8-ga329e2d

implementing Perl 6.c.