I just have a ~/perl6 where i have a clone of MoarVM/MoarVM, perl6/nqp,
and rakudo/rakudo. You just have to provide each Configure.pl with the
same --prefiix - in my case that's ~/perl6/install - then everything
will find each other.

There's some extra paths in my $PATH:

        /home/timo/perl6/install/share/perl6/site/bin
        /home/timo/perl6/install/bin

If you're interested in an editor that plays well with perl6, there's
some plugins for Atom, like the "perl6-fe" module or something. These
include things like "run my code" or "check syntax" or "render the
included Pod into html and show it" and such.

Hope to help
  - Timo