# New Ticket Created by  Zoffix Znet
# Please include the string:  [perl #127365]

While playing around, I noticed the of .hyper produces very strange results.
First, a control, without .hyper that consistently clocks in at around 2.3
seconds on my 2-core machine:

$ perl6 -e '.base: 16 for ^100000; say now - INIT now'
2.33417984

If we include the .hyper method, however, about 50% of the time, we get
ridiculously faster results: 58 times faster; or ridiculously slower results:
19 times slower:

$ perl6 -e '.base: 16 for ^100000 .hyper; say now - INIT now'
0.0470114
$ perl6 -e '.base: 16 for ^100000 .hyper; say now - INIT now'
34.64521881

My expected result is the use of .hyper would produce a marginal speed
increase, utilizing my second core, and performing the computation between
0%–100% faster.

See also RT#127364 for .race, which also produces results much slower than
normal version, although I did not observe the inconsistency with speeds: