On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Joachim Durchholz <j...@durchholz.org> wrote:

> If the mental model for Perl6 strings is "array of characters" though

Perl has never had that mental model, is my point. It's generally imported
by folks who come from languages where strings *are* "arrays of characters"
--- and where that model has a strong tendency to cause problems. (See
Python 3's struggles with Unicode as an example. And C/C++, well, don't
even get me started. Bytes stopped being the basis of characters even
*before* Unicode. C and C++ are still struggling to understand that.)

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net