On 28 July 2017 at 11:00, Timo Paulssen <t...@wakelift.de> wrote:
> On 28/07/17 10:57, Steve Mynott wrote:
>> Yes we ship binary blobs to bootstrap. I spent a day trying to
>> reproduce the current binary blobs and it's not possible. Well maybe
>> it is possible if you reproduce the exact directory (Windows)
>> directory structure of the original build system and spoof the system
>> clock but its an incredibly difficult process and quite frankly a
>> waste of thing right now since there are more pressing issues like bug
>> fixing, speed increases and wider adoption of perl 6.
>
> It looks like the only thing you need to fake here is the build
> directory? I got the exact same files doing "make m-bootstrap-files"
> twice with a pause of about a minute in between. Maybe we need one last
> bootstrap files update to get that behaviour for the future.

This was some time ago and I was probably mistaken about the time and
thinking of GCC reproducible builds which use libfaketime  (some good
recent work done by Debian).

A quick strings on stage0 stuff in NQP shows maybe all that's needed
now is to use a
"/home/jnthn/dev/MoarVM" directory.

At least the slashes lean the right way now as opposed to last time I looked :-)

--
4096R/EA75174B Steve Mynott <steve.myn...@gmail.com>