On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 09:26:10 -0800, d...@zwell.net wrote:
> After more careful checking, I found the bug fix did make it into the
> October release. A bisect showed it was fixed it in
> commit 6af44f8d38a02bbd0d68cfd014165d6e33e4d89a.
> [...]
> Slurping on the file handle you described still produces the
> exception: open($file-path).slurp: :close;
> but slurping from a filehandle without :close, followed by $fh.close, is fine.

Great. The behaviour you describe matches the commit; without :close the buggy
path is not taken.

> I found I can reproduce the error within 1-4 iterations when running
> the
> script on the Rakudo tree (built with --gen-moar and --gen-nqp and
> installed without a prefix to ./install/).

I tried writing the test to cover this bug, but out of dozens of things I tried
(including trying your original script on rakudo's dir), I just can't reproduce
the failure.

Does this crash on your computer when using commits before the fix, by any
chance?

    given $*TMPDIR.add: 'RT132447.test' { $^p.spurt: ''; await (start $p.slurp)
xx 40_000 };