At 11:03 AM 1/17/01 -0200, Branden wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I'm actually not following this list from close and I searching the archives
>isn't that easy yet, so pardon me if this was already brought up.

As Simon's pointed out, there's an RFC for this already.

It's actually not that tough to do now with eval, with two problems:

*) Eval won't extend scope, so each statement you execute stands alone. (So
lexicals go missing immediately)
*) Figuring out where a statement ends is a pain--you'd want to read to the
end of a block for example before executing it.

I'd personally like to provide a scopeless string eval, and the second
issue's a SMOP. (Though involving the parser on the fly would make it easier)

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk