Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  (FWIW, it seems on many of the modern
> processors that inlining code decreases your performance, so I think
> deciding on stuff like that is rather premature)

Is foo() compiled any differently in

    inline i_foo() { BLA; BLA; BLA; }
    foo() { i_foo(); }

versus

    foo() { BLA; BLA; BLA; }

?  I am not talking about forcing inlined functions down anyone's
throat.  Non-inline functions have their place in reducing code size
and easing debugging.  I just want an i_foo for every foo that callers
will have the option of using.

--
John Tobey, late nite hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>