On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 07:16:41PM -0400, Chaim Frenkel wrote:
> What do you think of creating a mechanism for attaching pre-, post-,
> invariant conditions to the internals?

I'd like to point out that two modules already do this.
Class::Contract which was just unleashed by Damian Conway, and
invariant.pm which Abigail recently posted up to Fun With Perl.
Class::Contract is by far the more complete.

I wouldn't mind an optional OO contract system in the core of Perl,
but this may be a case of "why do it in core when a module will work?"
Since OO contracts are typically turned off in production code any
performance gains from adding it to the core wouldn't matter much.

What we might want to do is ask Damian and Abigail (who have been
CC'd) if they have any feature requests which would allow them to
make their modules better/faster/more complete.  We'd also want to
consider distributing Class::Contract with perl6 (or perl5 even).

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse