In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dan Sugalski writes:
>
> : I have had the "Well, Duh!" flash, though, and now do realize that having
> : multiple iterators over a hash or array simultaneously could be rather
> : handy.
>
> You can also have the opposite "Well, Duh!" flash and realize that most
> DBM implementations only support a single iterator at a time.  For some
> definition of support.  That's the main reason for Perl's current
> limitation.

You can of course fake up several logical iterators on top of that
single iterator by buffering some or all of the keys, which is no
worse than what keys and values do at the moment.

Note that I explicity didn't suggest making different instances of
each on the same hash use different iterators because I decided it
probably wasn't doable.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])