Nathan Torkington wrote:

> moving getprotobyname()
>    to a module isn't the same as moving open().

And it can be transparent, if it isn't already.  Why does perl
need to be monolithic?  I thought I selcted to build as shared
libraries, splitting that into several shared libraries might
be entirely painless.  So if my program has getprotobyname in it
clarifying that token will take a moment, but then all the other
weird socket calls will be there to use.

How about automatic library search before syntax error?

--
                          David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       safety first: Republicans for Nader in 2000