[perl6-language removed from the follow-up]

"David L. Nicol" wrote:
> I want to see Perl become a full-blown C/C++ JIT.  Since Perl is for
> a large part a compatible subset of C I don't see this as unrealistic.

Trolling? First, Perl is more like lisp with a good syntax -- in other
words about as far from C as you can get. (Perl is so good at what it does
though that lots of people would agree with you.)  Second, lots of
people don't have a C compiler but still want to run Perl code.

I'm not opposed to producing intermediate C code with a Perl compiler,
but a C-based JIT is not possible.

- Ken