SWM> All I want the language to guarantee is internal thread-safety.
SWM> Everything else is the user's problem.

Somehow I would have thought that goes without saying.

But I don't agree that all the rest is a user issue, is too short-sighted.

The job of perl is to make things easy, and the hard possible.

Single thingee access mediation, should be done automatically by perl.
The multi-thingee complex mediation should have the user step in, since
solving it (correctly and efficiently) is a complex problem.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183