At 09:19 AM 9/15/00 -0400, Chaim Frenkel wrote:

> >> (Someone remind me, What is the point of -T if not running setuid?)
>JH> Being paranoid is never a bad idea because They are always out to get you.
>
>That's fine, but tell me what security breach can be caused by not having
>a -T?

Any time the code being executed isn't being run as the person asking for
its execution you can have problems. Think daemons in perl, or
client-server code. (Like CGI programs, or mailing-list managers) Jobs run
automagically by privileged users (and arguably not automagically) can be
targets. Think odd filenames in /tmp and cron jobs owned by root.