On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 10:59:04AM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> >Which is exactly what Chip did in his safe-signals patch. 33% slowdown.
> I think you misremember that number. IIRC it was somewhere between 3%-5%.

Gosh, really? I thought it was so significant that it didn't go in core.
If it was that small, why *didn't* it go in core?

My main point, though, was that this discussion is actually many years old,
safe signals in Perl is not a new problem, and it might be helpful to people
if they learnt a few things about the history.

--
MISTAKES:
    It Could Be That The Purpose Of Your Life Is Only To Serve As

                                                    http://www.despair.com